The following groups are seeking donations for a wide variety of worthy causes. Please visit their websites for details on what items are acceptable, where to donate, and what guidelines you should use.
If you know of a worthy cause accepting donations, please let us know and we'll add it to the list!
- Head Huggers -- create hats for those going through chemo treatment [crochet, knit, sew]
- Project Linus -- create blankets and quilts for ill children [crochet, knit, sew]
- Red Scarf Project -- create red scarves for college-bound foster children [crochet, knit]
- 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge -- create pillowcases for foster kids, cancer patients, and domestic violence victims [sew]
- Forever Warm -- create blanks to wrap stillborn children for burial [crochet, knit]
- Bridge & Beyond -- create hats and scarves for the homeless [crochet, knit]
- Scarf Project -- create scarves for those participating in the Special Olympics [crochet, knit]
You can also make a difference in your community by looking for an organization locally who might benefit from your generosity. You might consider the following
- Women's Shelters
- Nursing Homes
- Hospitals and Hospices
- Veterans' Homes
- AIDS Facilities
- Homeless Shelters